Wednesday, March 13, 2013

September 11th 2012

So I have a few days to myself.  Not much planned.  I'm pretty beat up from the pace I've had up till this point.  Meeting my brother was a Huge relief.  Handing off the precious package I had for him was also completed.  Promises to keep in touch were made (and Kept).
My host have work and the kids are at school.  So I managed to spot one of the 2 rare cats.  Proof Below.  Guess he thought it was safe to come out!  Never saw him again though!  Fool him once..


So after an early breakfast and some clothe washing.    I decided to head out at a leisurely pace.  No real plans on where.  But not far.  Just want to stop off for a nice quiet lunch.  Now, imagine my surprise when I land  here...15 minutes out.  Is there anyplace around that is not simply awe striking?
I'm greeted by the hostess:  Would you like to sit on the terrace Sir?  I mean REALLY do you need to ask?

To be honest Craig's wife did recommend this spot for lunch.  Just wasn't sure I'd find it.  Sketchy directions...lol  But its only a few exits away from their home.  She did not steer me wrong (thank my lucky GPS) ;).  So here I am, sitting on this lovely restaurant terrace looking out over the Deep Cove Yacht Club and thinking to myself - I could get used to this.  I mean REALLY get used to this.  REALLY!

This gentlemen seemed to appreciate the bike.  Had a nice chat with him, his wife and son.  They all ride or used to.  Also, I was keeping a close eye on my bike.  I might have been a little askew of the paying parking area. Moments after I packed my camera away a V-Rod parked right next to me so I guess I was keeping the Motorcycle Free Parking motion alive and well in Vancouver.

Here's where my memory fails me.  This following picture seems to have been taken after I left the Marina and was heading back to my West Vancouver Base.  I can't for the sake of me remember who this couple are or why I stopped (besides the obvious Shark Nose).  I must have said hello...nice bike or something like that.  So I'm sorry for not adding any witty comment about this chance meeting...but I must have taken it...I mean its in my camera's memory card just not in my memory banks.  So if you guys know who you are and find yourself here...pleased to re-make your acquaintance.  Feel free to refresh my memory.  I'm sure you guys are great!  Oh and by the way nice bike eh! ;)


  
Laurie was the first to show up that evening at the house after school.  I must have tried to snap over 10 pictures of us out the balcony.  She looks great in EVERY single shot.  Me however, well lets just say..I needed to take 10 shots to post a passable pic.


Well that pretty much is it for Vancouver.. Already!  I had a couple of exchanges with Troy (aka: CalgaryGlide).  Going to set out East bound and meet up with him in Banff Alberta.  Time to start heading towards home.  Still have some tales to tell you all.  But I do want to end this blog entry by telling you all how utterly unbelievable this trip has been up to here.  I know we can't all get up and go and circumstances don't always allow it.  But there are a lot of feelings you discover, meanings to thing that you finally come to understand.  Time on the open road on a Motorcycle does the soul good.  I've accomplished only half of this crusade so far and I just want to thank everyone who followed and supported me near or far on this adventure..I'm truly blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment